- Be conscious of humidity. Humidity levels should be monitored and should never exceed 50%. Use a dehumidifier if necessary to keep particular areas dry, such as the basement.
- Remember to ventilate every room and keep closet doors open. Open other doors and windows, run the air conditioner, and use ceiling, ventilation, and other fans.
- Some molds can only be killed with harsh chemicals such as liquid bleach. Clean all bathroom surfaces including shower curtains and window blinds with bleach once a month to keep those damp areas free of mold.
- Use your bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans to reduce moisture as well as odors.
- Keep fireplace wood away from the home.
- Remove carpeting from all concrete floors.
- Ensure that moist air from your clothes dryer is properly vented to the outside.
- If you suffer from mold allergies, stay away from moist areas and items that have been stored there. If necessary, seal off those areas until they can be properly disinfected.
- Inspect closets for items that may retain moisture, such as shoes or wood. Take necessary precautions to ensure mold doesn’t develop as a result of storage.
- If you find evidence of water damage from a leak in your home or plumbing, be sure to resolve the problem immediately and have any affected and surrounding areas professionally cleaned as soon as possible using proven mold killing techniques, technology, and cleaning products.
- Make sure the area is inspected by a trained, certified mold inspection service professional to determine the proper plan of action.
- Isolate or quarantine any infected areas and belongings until disinfection is complete to prevent cross-contamination.
- Mold is dangerous enough that professionals in space suits will likely have to clean a badly infected area and remove the mold in hazardous waste containers. Care must be taken that mold spores are contained and not “stirred up” during the cleaning process.
Guaranteed Immediate Emergency Response in Maryland, Virginia or Washington DC Any Time of Day or Night...
Mold Removal for Maryland
14660 Rothgeb Dr Rockville, Maryland 20850